Does this happen to anyone else with Mission Control?

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
First off, Mission Control sucks compared to Expose/Spaces (Just wanted to get that out there and let everyone know what camp I am in). Now on with the question...

I have multiple apps that frequently open themselves in the wrong space. I have these apps specifically assigned to a specific desktop and yet this is what happens.

I just launched Parallels (Build 6.0.12106) which is assigned to desktop 4. I launched it by clicking the icon in the dock, Mission Control switched to Desktop 4, I switched back to Desktop 2 to continue what I was doing there while the VM loaded on Desktop 4. I switch to Desktop 4 and I don't see the VM, but I see the List of VMs, so I click on the VM I already launched and I am now in the VM. The problem is, the VM is sitting on Desktop 2! Now the list of VMs and the Menu bar for Parallels are running on Desktop 4 as they should be, but the VM is not.

This is happening with Parallels and Dreamweaver (CS5.5) that I can think of right now, but I am sure I have had it happen with other apps too. Edit: I remembered that this has also happened with Office 2011 apps.

I have searched and searched and cannot find anybody else griping about this exact behavior.

Does this happen to you?

Also, every so often when I close an app on a certain desktop, MC just switches to a different desktop for no reason. What the heck is that all about? It is frustrating as hell.

Also, does anyone have an idea one way or another as to if this is an issue with Mission Control or that certain apps are not "Mission Control" aware and that is contributing to the issues I am seeing.

This is all driving me nuts and seriously screwing with my workflow.

Thanks!