I Want to be an Apple Genius

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Hello AI Forums, first post. I'm hitting the ground running.

I want to be an Apple Genius, crazy, I know. Problem is, I have essentially zero knowledge, with the exception of iPod, iPad, iPhone I don't own any devices in ther Desktop/Laptop ranges so I dont have personal experience. But I want to learn! [Edit: I suppose I could make the apple store my second-home and fiddle around until I can field strip everything on display]

And I'm not paying 1000+ for a training class from apple.com...

I want to know Everything, upside down, backwards, and inside out. Where do I begin? I've browsed the forums, but I cant find a launch point. All the topics I see, Is like what Spanish to looks like to English; quasi-recognizable but I dont have a direct translation. They are too advanced for a novice like myself. But I learn comparably faster than most, especially with tech-related subjects

From what I understand of the interview, they do have a small presentation of sorts that gives you some information, for some Interview sessions. But from the questions people have posted from the Tech Screen, I'd fail it miserably. For starters I suppose I just need enough to pass the screen I think, then would I learn everything else during job training? Or maybe If I get hired, I can afford to take the classes from apple.com

I don't know, I'm just excited to learn something that isn't PC for a change.

PS: Happy December!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Start by taking the Apple Authorized Service Provider Tests if you want to know stuff on your own. No idea if they turn right around and train you with them once you're hired, but if you know them beforehand, you're certain to be hired.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    I couldn't take a test yet, I dont have enough training. The training offered at apple.com is 300 green ones :s, that's the most basic training they offer. The test itself will be 150. It will take a while at my current job to get that much, without breaking the bank that is. Spend money to make money I guess.

I found Express Lane, which i thought would help, but Express lane requires that you have a serial number, so I can only browse the iPod Touch sections. Of which, I already have substantial experience with.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    loxerloxer Posts: 3member
    Good news! My AppleCare Technician Training arrived today.

Bad news: I don't have a "Mac computer with an intel processor" to run it on.....