TESTED CD-R'S ... these are most reliable

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I've tested (without saying all of them) "all of them". CD-R reliability is not based on how many times you've burned to disk on ONE MACHINE. Its based on how many error free burns there are per disk on EVERY SINGLE BURNING DEVICE IN THE CURRENT MARKET. In other words, if I burn to a spool of 100 Maxell discs on my G4 using Toast and I get no errors. It means jack **** in the real world. I've had many cd-r's burn well on one machine only to find out that it wont burn on another etc. Sometimes painted discs can cause problems as well as other factors. Believe it or not the most reliable discs I've found for general burning has been the HP discs that have the white side. Comes in a spool of 50. For audio I use only Mitsui or Apogee. Expensive though for silvers.

MOST CD-R's are **** and I've generally found that you get what you pay for.

munch munch

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    bertiebertie Posts: 5member
    I too have tried many discs on various machines. The best were Kodak, who now have been forced to pull out because of silly cheap prices. I hoped Mitsui would replace them, being similarly "expensive", but the resulting burns wouldn't play in some machines. The most versatile one I've found at the moment is Prostore, which are a quarter of the Matsui price. It's madness.