Word Prob, NEED HELP FAST!

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Does anyone know how to find words auto saves??? THey gotta store 'em somewhere. My document that is saved is for some reason an old version... I have checked everywhere on the computer, and I do not want to have to write a whole draft over!!!

PLEASE HELP

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    your computer froze right?

do yo uhave norton unerase?
  • Reply 2 of 3
    No it didn't thats the odd part... I was leavin for classes so I draged the file onto my iPod, and took off. Then when I got here to print it, i realised it was an old draft. So I go home assuming I draged the wrong file or sumthing, but it turns out it was the only file!!!

I know Word X auto saves stuff every few minutes, so it must stick it somewhere right? So I can find WHERE THE HELL MY PAPER went? I mean while my paper was up it must have saved, so yeah... any help... I do have nortan (for OS9) but I doubt it would help scence there was no crash
  • Reply 3 of 3
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    Ok, what did you do with the file right before you left with the iPod? IE did you quit word? if you didnt, then it should still be there...

do this from word: Edit--->Preferences-->File Locations--->auto recover files that should give you a path... folow that path and look for your document... when you find it you might not be able to open it normally, you will probably have to "force" word to do it...

hth

the same thing happened to me, only it was a crash, and I didnt realizethat i needed to open word as soon as i started up... and I erased the "items rescued from HD" (yeah i know dumb)

then when i went to open the file it was gone...

I had to use norton unerase to find it (took me about 3 hrs... hehe I could have just typed it over))