Odd problem with Adium

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
It seems to warn me for no reason. Now it seems kind of odd that a program would be warning me but no one on my buddy list is and I know for sure. And I have everyone who isn't on my buddy list blocked so some other person couldn't be warning me. Any idea why this is happening? It's getting kind of annoying getting asked why my warning is up. Thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    surfratsurfrat Posts: 341member
    I would suggest trying to log on with a different IM name. If the problem persists, which I doubt it will, I would contact the creators of Adium to see if it is a known problem.

I have a sneaky suspicion that changing your IM name will probably fix the "problem." Although you just never know with computers.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    you may have been warned anonymously at some point. Adium does have a known issue that as your warning level decreases you get warning dialogs
  • Reply 3 of 3
    fonerootfoneroot Posts: 102member
    AHHH! I coulden't change my IM name. That would be horrible. Also I think that could be why, because I did get warned by a friend a little bit ago and I think the warnings were going down when I was receiving the message dialog. I think I may send an e-mail to Adium just in case to see if there could be some problem. Thanks for the response.

[ 05-30-2002: Message edited by: foneroot ]</p>