What's a good sub $200 Monitor?

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I'm looking to buy a new system for doing some video and graphics work. I looked at the apple studio displays and i just can't bring myself to spend $500 on a 15in lcd.

What's a good crt for under $200

17-19in would be nice.

I was looking this:

AOC 7KLR

$180 17in, 16in viewable, .21 mm dpi, max res 1600 x 1200, refresh at max 75hz, flat shadow mask

I know nothing about what kind of stuff aoc makes so any advice on a good monitor would be appreciated.

[ 06-12-2002: Message edited by: MicrosoftOsXp ]</p>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    pastapasta Posts: 112member
    If you're doing graphics work, DO NOT GO CHEAP! The monitor is one of the most important pieces of equipment for that kind of work! Get yourself a Trinitron (Sony) or Diamondtron (Mitsubishi) tube. It might cost you a little bit more than $200, but the quality is well worth it. Look for one with a refresh rate of 90Hz at the resolution you'll be working in. Any lower than that is headache range for extended work. Another possibility would be to get a used Apple CRT. They're great quality too.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    enderender Posts: 353member
    I picked up one of the older 17" Apple displays (the Graphite/Ice one that they had with the G4 towers before ADC) from eBay for $200. I guess that was about 6 months ago now. Very nice monitor, still as sharp as ever, and it goes nicely with the towers still.

-Ender