iTunes Account Issues

Posted:
in iCloud edited January 2014
Okay, I have three iTunes accounts associated with stores in three different countries. I use my main account to establish connection with iCloud. Currently, I have about 23,900 songs matched to uploaded on the iCloud/Match system. All well and goo until I try to download a TV show using an account from another country. In order to accomplish this task, I have to use iTunes to connect with (let's say) the Australian iTunes service (for which I might have an account).

Upon establishing contact with the Australian service, iTunes loses connection with my main account. and thus with iCloud and the Match service. Once I have finished in the Australian service, and in order to re-establish connection with iCloud/and iTunes match, I have to sign into the service again and iTunes goes through the 3 step process of identifying my songs, matching songs and finding artwork.

Is there any way to avoid this laborious time consuming and bandwidth hogging process?

In addition, I guess I am surprised to find that the 50MB of space that I purchased on the cloud is empty. Why can't I upload my music to the cloud for later use. I am leaving my country for a couple of months and hoped that I could put music on the cloud and turn off my home computer. Is there any way to accomplish this task? I guess that I am learning that iCloud is not a remote hard disk. If that's the case, I think that I ant my money back - sorry to say - that's a first for me with Apple.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    Yes, the whole Apple ID and Apple App store and iTunes stores account management system needs to be overhauled.

As we Apple's customer base have grown and evolved in how we use Apples many products and services, we built layers of complication by having multiple accounts, multiple devices and as we've migrated from one system to another or from an old machine to a new one.

I would like to be able to change Apple ID data with ease, selecting email address I choose and so on.

I would also like to be able to merge the many IDs and accounts I have.

Let's hope Apple understands this need and does something about it.