iPhone 4S vs. iPhone 4: Impressions

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
Good Morning,

I didn't see a thread like this in several page. I recently bought my wife a 4S for xmas, and of course immediately started comparing it with my iPhone 4. The iPhone 4 is my second iPhone...I owned a 3G for a few years, and have used a 3GS on occasion.

Physical Differences:

As I bought a white iPhone, I did notice the slightly increased thickness. Other than that, the antennae redesign is obvious in the outside metal band. Nothing major, obviously.

Screen:

Her screen looks a little sharper and brighter than mine, though it's very minor. It may just be that it's brand new. I'm sure mine has some very small scratches/imperfections after 18 months of use.

Speed/Responsiveness:

This is the real difference. The interface is noticeably Snappier™. 3G speed is at least 50% better (confirmed by Speed Test app). Browsing speed seems much faster..pages load faster, etc. Big difference here.

Siri:

It's cool, and I've found it to be buggy at times. It's in beta, of course. Can't wait for it mature.

Battery:

I don't notice any unusual battery drain, but I'm not using it most of the time...nor is my wife a heavy user.

Other:

Overall, it's a great upgrade. I'm sticking with my decision to wait for the iPhone 5...but I won't lie, I'm a bit envious!

What are your experiences?