Quicktake Software

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I got a Quicktake (150) the other day, and am trouble getting software for it. The disks that came with it seem corrupt (it won't install on my Performa 630CD/ OS 8.0/ 20mb). I can't seem to find the software anywhere online either. Does anyone have them they can send me or know of an alternative? Thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    willoughbywilloughby Posts: 1,457member
    [quote]Originally posted by iDude:

<strong>I got a Quicktake (150) the other day, and am trouble getting software for it. The disks that came with it seem corrupt (it won't install on my Performa 630CD/ OS 8.0/ 20mb). I can't seem to find the software anywhere online either. Does anyone have them they can send me or know of an alternative? Thanks.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I have the "Apple Camera Access Software" CD and the "Quicktake 200" software CD. Do you know if either of these will work? I think the first one is your best bet

The Quicktake 200 software is 1.5 megs and the Camera Access Software is 1.9 megs.

Let me know how you'd like me to get them to you
  • Reply 2 of 4
    idudeidude Posts: 352member
    [quote]Originally posted by Willoughby:

<strong>

I have the "Apple Camera Access Software" CD and the "Quicktake 200" software CD. Do you know if either of these will work? I think the first one is your best bet

The Quicktake 200 software is 1.5 megs and the Camera Access Software is 1.9 megs.

Let me know how you'd like me to get them to you </strong><hr></blockquote>

That would be great. Why don't you just email me the first one (not the Quicktake 200 one) to [email protected] . Don't rush yourself. It's not urgent, but I bought the darn thing and I want to use it.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    allinoneallinone Posts: 279member
    If I recall correctly I had to use tome viewer and manually install peices of the QuickTake software last time I tried it.

The installer was looking for something that is no longer part of the newer MacOS's.

Here is tome viewer in case you need it too:

<a href="http://www.versiontracker.com/moreinfo.fcgi?id=4561&db=mac"; target="_blank">http://www.versiontracker.com/moreinfo.fcgi?id=4561&db=mac</a>;
  • Reply 4 of 4
    splodesplode Posts: 13member
    Hey.

The software forthe Quicktake 200 will probably not work, as the 200 was an entirely differentr beast than the 150. The 200 was based on a Kodak(?). I have a 150, and found the software on a Hotline server. One of those old-mac-software-archives that, luckily, are never very populated so DLing is pretty painless.

Good luck on using it with OS 8. It doesn't work with 9, but I dunno about 8. Might take some messing with Quicktime.

If anyone knows of or has suggs for getting a Quicktake 150 to work with 9 (or OS X even), lemme know! The 150s look pretty cool, and it'd be cool to be able to not hafta transfer images from my old Powerbook 145.

splode

[email protected]