WARNING SCAM ALERT all apple customers

Posted:
in General Discussion edited September 2015

I recently bought 2 I pod touches for my daughters for xmas gifts. They activated the ipods and everything was fine for 3 days on the third day one of the ipods started throwing us a message call itunes customer support because of credit card issue.

So like millions of other people instead of hunting down a phone book i get my tablet and google the apple customer support phone number . The very first number listed was a 1-877-686-6895 with a title saying instant apple support this listing is right under the listing for apple stores .

It shows up ( if u google apple customer support )it will be the very second search result, the first phone number you see. the web address is Apple-support.iYogi.com . I call they are very nice get me transfered to a tech to help me then they tell me i have a software issue that they can fix by remote acess from my desktop for a price of 179.99$ yeah right after paying what i did for the ipods and cases and apps i dont think so. He tells me my ipod is useless and wont work untill i pay that. he was willing to stay on hold on my cell phone for 2 hours so i could get in my car and drive to the bank to add money to my debit to pay him oner the phone .

This company is selling a year warranty on apple products covering software they are based in india and bought rights to the phone number 1 888 my apple . they led me to believe they are apple and have called me back 15 times in the last 4 hours . They dont realize i found apples corporate number and called after this first call i was pissed that i thought apple was gonna charge me to help fix my issue the apple support person explained to me that its a scam and they are in no way affiliated with apple.

They fixed my ipod problem for free . I wanted to let everyone know that this is a scam and remote acess through ur pc they are stealing ur information. thats why they want to remote acess ur desktop to fix ur ipod or ipad problems . I am workiing to get something done about this. if nyone has dealt with this company please post and lets do something to end this scam.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4

I was scammed for $200. I just hope that the error/interconnect issue that kept them from remote accessing the laptop was not just a false message and they actually stole info...is that possible?

• Reply 2 of 4

Quote:

Originally Posted by skf1 View Post

I was scammed for $200. I just hope that the error/interconnect issue that kept them from remote accessing the laptop was not just a false message and they actually stole info...is that possible?

It is possible.

Hopefully they did not get any information from your laptop. But to be safe, try not to keep any personal information (credit card #s, social security #, name, address,...) on your laptop or any networked device, this includes cell phones.

• Reply 3 of 4

Iyogi services are reliable and instant but they are also expensive. You may find cheaper options available but again you won't know if the provider you are trying out is trustworthy. Iyogi is on the contrary prompt and give you value for money.

• Reply 4 of 4

I was scammed out of $200.00 as well & they keep calling back stating that I need to download an update on my computer so they can remote access.  When I tell them "No" they hang up on me.