Using Adobe fonts and ATM with OS 9.1

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I am trying to use an Adobe font, Brush Script, on a beige G3 with Mac OS 9.1 in ClarisWorks and Illustrator, but it is not working properly. When I try to use it or print it at anything but a very small font size, it looks very jagged and bad. I have the outline file and the suitcase file for the font in both of those applications folders and I have Adobe Type Utilities 1.0 installed. Does anyone know what the latest version of that program is? Maybe that is my problem. I also have the ATM extension turned on, but sometimes it turns itself off somehow. I think maybe this is too old to use with OS 9.1. Is my OS corrupt possibly? I have already reinstalled the font and Adobe Type Utilities. Does anyone have any ideas at all as to what my problem may be and how I can fix it?

Also, I would like to find out more about how OS X handles fonts and if they are easy to use, and if these fonts and programs are compatible with it. Any help at all with any of this would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    stroszekstroszek Posts: 801member
    Did you just upgrade to 9.1? because with 9.x, you can't use anything less than ATM 4.6.

[ 07-06-2002: Message edited by: Stroszek ]</p>