Two things I need cleared up

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Okay, I've noticed two things going on around these boards since I came here that I don't understand. First, why do people occasionally reply to a post by quoting that last post and putting nothing there of their own. You know, Mr. X posts: Bla Bla. In reply, Mr. Y posts:

[quote]Originally posted by Mr. X:

Bla Bla.<hr></blockquote>

And that's it. Nothing else. Just an error, or being kinda dumb?

The second thing is, what is the advantage to partitioning hard drives? I find it difficult to work with my two hard drives, and I'd love to have them operate as a single entity. Why would anyone take a wonderful single drive and make it act as if there were two drives? I don't get it.

Okay, I just needed to get those out of my system.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    ghost_user_nameghost_user_name Posts: 22,667member
    Regarding the reply thing, I think some people may post twice and are just too dumb to realize they can edit one of the posts.

As for partitioning, I don't recommend it. If you have multiple drives, like me, then you really have even less need to partition them. Most people that partition their drive do it so they can have different systems available to choose from at boot time (by holding the option key). Also, it lets you repair the other partition without booting from a CD.

Of course, some people think that partitioning their drive helps them organize their files better.