Apple TV2 wont Airplay from iPad2 - HELP

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I attempted to Airplay video from my iPad 2 to my Apple TV 2. Under settings there is NO "Airplay" option, only Airtunes. I reset my Apple TV2 to factory then did all available updates. My iPad 2 is running the latest OS. I can airplay from my iPad 2 to a local airport express w/o problem. Both devices are clearly on the same network. The Apple TV 2 simply doesnt show up on my list of devices to play to from my iPad 2. I've gone thru all the apple website forums I can find that might assist me with no luck or success. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    cubs23cubs23 Posts: 324member
    Sounds like the only variable left would be to do a restore on your iPad, (make sure and do a backup of it first.)
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cubs23 View Post

Sounds like the only variable left would be to do a restore on your iPad, (make sure and do a backup of it first.)

I did a factory restore on my iPad2 but then restored back to the current backup. No change. Should I have left it at the factory settings and not done the restore to my last saved backup? It seems the problem would be more with my ATV2 because I can airplay music from this ipad to an airport express that's connected to a sound system. The ATV2 still ONLY shows a subcategory of "Airtunes" under the settings tab and no "Airplay". Thanks!