Mac AppStore eMail ID issue

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Hi All,

I have problem with my Mac AppStore account.

I registered for AppStore with my personal AOL eMail ID. (Here I will mention it as [email protected].)

While creating iCloud account, I was given with another eMail ID (Say it, [email protected]).

Whenever I purchase in AppStore, the acknowledgement comes to AOL ID. The problem came when I actually forgot my AOL ID password. ( I use it regularly. But it happened.) I tried to recover it. But, no success. Now, the AOL mail account has been deactivated. So, I want to change my AppStore's eMail ID from AOL to some other ID. But Apple is not allowing to do that.

I tried to do this in AppStore settings etc. When I tried to create another account with my credit card, Apple is saying the card is already registered with another account and cant continue. Now, what to do?

1. Whatever I purchased on AppStore with AOL ID - Gone?

2. Is there anyway that I can transfer my profile (along with my purchases) to another account?

3. Is there any way that I can change my eMail ID from AOL to some other?

Guys, please help me out.

Regards,

Chandra

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    mr. memr. me Posts: 3,221member
    What did you do to recover you ID? It should be stored in the Keychain database. If it is, then Keychain Access in your Utilities folder will show it to you.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mr. Me View Post

What did you do to recover you ID? It should be stored in the Keychain database. If it is, then Keychain Access in your Utilities folder will show it to you.

No... I did not allow to store my AOL password to be stored in KeyChain. My MacBook Pro is also used by my friends.
  • Reply 3 of 9
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Chandra69 View Post

No... I did not allow to store my AOL password to be stored in KeyChain. My MacBook Pro is also used by my friends.

Wow! You should never allow colleagues, friends, or family to use your personal account. MacOS X makes it super simple to create one or more guest accounts for this purpose. Heck--you may even create a regular account for people whom you trust. If you have accounts for people who borrow your computer, then you may use your own personal accounts to their fullest extent without worry about the security threats from your loved ones.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    Quote:

Wow! You should never allow colleagues, friends, or family to use your personal account. MacOS X makes it super simple to create one or more guest accounts for this purpose. Heck--you may even create a regular account for people whom you trust. If you have accounts for people who borrow your computer, then you may use your own personal accounts to their fullest extent without worry about the security threats from your loved ones.

Yes Mr.Me.

Thanks. Will do that. But...

Now, what to do?

1. Whatever I purchased on AppStore with AOL ID - Gone?

2. Is there anyway that I can transfer my profile (along with my purchases) to another account?

3. Is there any way that I can change my eMail ID from AOL to some other?

Please help me out.

Thanks.

Chandra
  • Reply 5 of 9
    If you don't have the password you need to access the AppleID account associated with the AOL email (or the password needed to access the AOL email so that you can reset the AppleID password) then you have no way of proving that that email/AppleID really belongs to you and, well... you've lost that "stuff".

It's time to realize you've done something stupid (we all have from time to time) and resolve to keep a written copy of your other important passwords somewhere. (Assuming you still remember them )
  • Reply 6 of 9
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by KingOfSomewhereHot View Post

If you don't have the password you need to access the AppleID account associated with the AOL email (or the password needed to access the AOL email so that you can reset the AppleID password) then you have no way of proving that that email/AppleID really belongs to you and, well... you've lost that "stuff".

It's time to realize you've done something stupid (we all have from time to time) and resolve to keep a written copy of your other important passwords somewhere. (Assuming you still remember them )

Oh... ok! Then I lost them brother. Dont know how much computers are improving our lives. (Will think if I should write my passwords on paper or not! )

Thanks for your response.

Regards,

Chandra
  • Reply 7 of 9
    Quote:

... Dont know how much computers are improving our lives. ...

A computer is one of its owner's largest capital investments. It may dramatically improve the liives of its users and those around them. However, its users have responsibilities. There are best practices, there are standard practices, and then there is just plain dumb. You can't blame the computer for just plain dumb.
  • Reply 8 of 9
    Quote:

A computer is one of its owner's largest capital investments. It may dramatically improve the liives of its users and those around them. However, its users have responsibilities. There are best practices, there are best practices, and then there is just plain dumb. You can't blame the computer for just plain dumb.

Agreed boss!

(Now, I have to calculate how many dollars I have to spend again to buy the lost stuff. And then convert those dollars into Indian Rupees. )
  • Reply 9 of 9
    Quote:

... And then convert those dollars into Indian Rupees. )

Holy Crap!!!... that's gonna be a big number!