Apple laserwriter630 compatability with OS X?

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I have just switched from OS 9.2 to OS X

(v 10.1.2) and I am having a computer/ printer problem. My equipment is a G4 733Mhz Quicksilver and the printer is a Laserwriter Pro 630. I have been connecting the two with a Linksys Etherfast Cable / DSL router. No problems in OS 9.2 but I can't print from OS X!

The router sees the computer and also sees the printer but the computer doesn't "see" the printer. Appletalk is switched on but I suspect something is wrong in my settings.

Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    whisperwhisper Posts: 735member
    [quote]Originally posted by E. Vener:

<strong>I have just switched from OS 9.2 to OS X

(v 10.1.2) and I am having a computer/ printer problem. My equipment is a G4 733Mhz Quicksilver and the printer is a Laserwriter Pro 630. I have been connecting the two with a Linksys Etherfast Cable / DSL router. No problems in OS 9.2 but I can't print from OS X!

The router sees the computer and also sees the printer but the computer doesn't "see" the printer. Appletalk is switched on but I suspect something is wrong in my settings.

Any help would be appreciated.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Where does the computer "not see" the printer? Can you select your model in Print Center, but not actually print? Need more info.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    The problem was very simple: I had somehow stopped the print Queue and just had to start it again.