iTunes 3 - HELP

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Okay, some weirdness is going on. I am using iTunes 3, and I dragged and dropped an album into an empty playlist. The songs play jusy fine but the folder is gone! I then look at some of my other folders that had MP3s in them and the folders are empty...yet...the songs play. Where is Apple putting these files?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    your best bet is to use sherlock and try to find them. otherwise they're probably in your user/username/iTunes/iTunes music folder.

lol, don't get me started on the file heirchy, it's the one thing that still really pisses me off.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    squashsquash Posts: 332member
    Look in your HD/home/music/there will be some,but maybe not all. Look in this folder for another itunes folder/itunes music.... it should have all your categories and folders for each artist.

When i say Home I'm talking the icon in the toolbar

Hope that helps

[ 07-22-2002: Message edited by: SQUÅSH ]

[ 07-22-2002: Message edited by: SQUÅSH ]</p>
  • Reply 3 of 7
    jaredjared Posts: 639member
    Not in my iTunes folder, not in my Music folder in my home directory. Doing a search in Sherlock comes up with nothing...and yet the music in the playlist still plays... :eek: :confused:

(could we please put on some Twilight Zone music?)
  • Reply 4 of 7
    squashsquash Posts: 332member
    In your home directory music folder do you have anything. Look for an itunes folder in the music folder. Then look for itune music folder in that folder. That's exactly where mine is..... tons of folders of groups.

Are you importing these songs or are they just playing off a cd

[ 07-22-2002: Message edited by: SQUÅSH ]</p>
  • Reply 5 of 7
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    do a search for .mp3

if they're on your machine, it will find them.

unless they're .aiff or .wav, but that would be really unusual.

whatever directory you notice a pile of .mp3's in is probably where your songs are.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    jaredjared Posts: 639member
    Well, the way I have it set up is each playlist in iTunes is an album, all the MP3s are on an external hard drive, but I have never had any problems with this before... but some people are having issues were their files are getting deleted or whatever, the playlists still play...I am confused
  • Reply 7 of 7
    Try having iTunes show you the folder the song is in, by selecting the song and pressing apple-R. It will (hopefully) pop open a window with the song.mp3 highlighted.

Hope this helps!

Blueflame