iphone meltdown

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
ok, not a complete meltdown but the wifes VZ iphone 4s had a malfunction? phone had a 95% charge about two hours after coming off the charger. she then noticed that she could feel the heat through her sweatshirt pocket & the phones otterbox defender case. she took the case off and said she couldnt hold the phone because it was so hot. the screen was black and completely unresponsive. about an hour i held the phone and couldnt believe how hot it still was. we let it cool out on porch (35°) for a couple hours, then put it on charger & nothing...

this phone is like new and has been in the otterbox since day one (unless we are going out somewhere that a bright pink otterbox wouldnt look stupid) and its never taken a bad fall. she only has the otterbox because she works with special needs children and is nervous if they get ahold of it, even though most of them have ipads...

so, what happened?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    I too have had problems with the 4S. I am disappointed by the bad battery issue and I must constantly have a charger around. I am hopeful that this is a software issue and this problem is solved soon. I love the phone overall but this battery issue is problematic.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tutumiles1 View Post

I too have had problems with the 4S. I am disappointed by the bad battery issue and I must constantly have a charger around. I am hopeful that this is a software issue and this problem is solved soon. I love the phone overall but this battery issue is problematic.

we have 3 4s' in the house and i have a bunch of friends who have them and none of us have had poor battery life (k.o.w) if anything the battery life is really impressive. my brother in law has gone through 2 of the "best android on the market" since i got my 4s because he has nothing but battery problems with them (4g). we have "raced" the phones loading up sites and the 4s usually wins but i have vz and they have the best coverage in our area by far. Still, he wont concede to getting an iphone (but he is closer every time i see him).

my wife ended up going to the apple store and they replaced it without a question. the guy there said the battery was most likely faulty and that he has seen only a few that did what hers did and they have to send them to apple hq to make sure its not a major safety problem. my wife thinks if she didnt have an otterbox and it was in her pocket, it would have burned her.