iDisk uploading stupidly slow

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
ok, so i just went to check out a new apt. today, and put down the deposit. i brought w/ my cybershot so i could show my family back home my new pad, but when i tried publish w/ iphoto, it stalled after the first pic. so i tried to manually copy the images to the pictures folder on my idisk, and it stalled at 52k and wouldnt upload. i have a dsl connection and usually get 40k/sec. any ideas?

(btw, i got a router recently, would that affect it? and dls go pretty well)

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    This is more appropriate for the Genius bar...
  • Reply 2 of 5
    pastapasta Posts: 112member
    [quote]Originally posted by ThunderPoit:

<strong>ok, so i just went to check out a new apt. today, and put down the deposit. i brought w/ my cybershot so i could show my family back home my new pad, but when i tried publish w/ iphoto, it stalled after the first pic. so i tried to manually copy the images to the pictures folder on my idisk, and it stalled at 52k and wouldnt upload. i have a dsl connection and usually get 40k/sec. any ideas?

(btw, i got a router recently, would that affect it? and dls go pretty well)</strong><hr></blockquote>

Uploads are generally capped at low rates for DSL. Check with your provider to find out your maximum upload throughput (it may be as low as 56K!!!). It could also be due to dozens of other factors, such as Apple's servers being extremely busy, your ISP's servers being busy, heavy traffic in your area, etc etc.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    I'm confused, did I just move the thread from the genius bar to the genius bar?

I really need some sleep then...
  • Reply 4 of 5
    [quote]Originally posted by M3D Jack:

<strong>I'm confused, did I just move the thread from the genius bar to the genius bar?

I really need some sleep then...</strong><hr></blockquote>

Actually, yes. You did.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    but there is one closed in Software also...

<a href="http://forums.appleinsider.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=3&t=001214"; target="_blank">http://forums.appleinsider.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=3&t=001214</a>;

So I obviously moved it from software to here, and I don't recall executing another thread move...

*shrugs*

I'm over it. Good luck