Forum Posting Bug

Posted:
in Feedback edited January 2014
Is there a bug in forum posting? I can't seem to post messages.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    Okay, we'll this one seemed to work. But for some reason, I'm trying to post replies to some of the other forums and I'm getting errors.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    More specifically, it seems to consistently want to ban me for my posts. Are we not allowed to post external links? I was posting a link to a blog post. Thanks.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by markjenkinson View Post

More specifically, it seems to consistently want to ban me for my posts. Are we not allowed to post external links? I was posting a link to a blog post. Thanks.

Depends on the blog. Are you saying you've created a new account? Don't do that. Ever. If the filter accidentally auto-bans you, just send us a message and we'll see what happened. Never create a second account.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,310moderator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by markjenkinson View Post

We get a lot of spam, most of it blog spam so there is an automated filter that hides it and suspends the account until it is checked. Your post and original account have been approved. You can't have two active accounts though so once you let me know you can login ok to your other account, the markjenkinson one can be suspended or if you prefer this one, suspend the togglemedia one.

Avoid posting blog links though. Copy/paste the contents of blog posts onto the forum when you can so that people don't have to visit external links. If your account gets suspended again, don't worry, it will be corrected within 24 hours.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

We get a lot of spam, most of it blog spam so there is an automated filter that hides it and suspends the account until it is checked. Your post and original account have been approved. You can't have two active accounts though so once you let me know you can login ok to your other account, the markjenkinson one can be suspended or if you prefer this one, suspend the togglemedia one.

Avoid posting blog links though. Copy/paste the contents of blog posts onto the forum when you can so that people don't have to visit external links. If your account gets suspended again, don't worry, it will be corrected within 24 hours.

Okay, you can suspend this account then. Thanks.