PBG4 Help PLEASE

mjemje
Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Yeah WHAT THE HELL JUST HAPPENED. Umm I'm on 550 Combo w/ 256. Running 10.1.5 I was watching a DVD (for maybe 25 sec) and my system freezes w/ words across the screen white text w/ a black background. I remember seeing Darwin Kernal, May 30 and random other things. I assume this is a Kernal panic. So I turn off and tried to reboot, but when I do I here 3 chimes, like a busy signal, and then my 'sleep light' blinks 3 times. Long blink short short short. I'm traveling so all my Manuals and info is 1500 miles away from me. Cany anyone help PLEASE? an explantion would be awsome, and a fix even better.

Thank you in advance!

-MJE (Posting from a Vaio Desktop :-( )

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    try plug it into the power adapter and press the power button for 6 sec. then press once again.

HTH

edit:spelling

[ 07-27-2002: Message edited by: Defiant ]</p>
  • Reply 2 of 5
    mjemje Posts: 91member
    Nope, no luck. The battery is full (Im sure of it) umm no luck, searched Apples help, no luck there. Getting kinda scared. Its not like a pulse. Its a distinc On off blink to the light

Thank you though

-MjE
  • Reply 3 of 5
    take out the battery and insert it back in. tray it again then.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    problem solved ?
  • Reply 5 of 5
    mjemje Posts: 91member
    I talked w/ apple experts for an hour yesterday. Had me run alot of things, try alot of things, they said it had died. umm Went to sleep last night and woke up, and it works so.. I'm happy for sure. THanks for the advice though

-MJE