PDA recommendations. Clie? Compatability?

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Well, I'm finally getting on the PDA bandwagon. My last PDA was a Newton 120 and it has been a long time. Basically, I'm toally out of the loop.

I'm thinking about getting the new low-end, 150$ Sony Clie. Are there any compatability problems?

Can anyone suggest alternative PDAs?

Anyone have experience with using the new Entourage -> Palm conduit?

thanks in advance,

-j

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    pastapasta Posts: 112member
    [quote]Originally posted by jutus:

<strong>Well, I'm finally getting on the PDA bandwagon. My last PDA was a Newton 120 and it has been a long time. Basically, I'm toally out of the loop.

I'm thinking about getting the new low-end, 150$ Sony Clie. Are there any compatability problems?

Anyone have experience with using the new Entourage -&gt; Palm conduit?

thanks in advance,

-j</strong><hr></blockquote>

No idea about the Sony, but I've heard nothing but good things about the Handspring products. Personally, I use a Palm V myself and haven't had any problems. As far as the Entourage Palm conduit, I thought I read something on Friday about them pulling it due to a problem.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    [quote]Originally posted by jutus:

<strong>Well, I'm finally getting on the PDA bandwagon. My last PDA was a Newton 120 and it has been a long time. Basically, I'm toally out of the loop.

Anyone have experience with using the new Entourage -&gt; Palm conduit?

thanks in advance,

-j</strong><hr></blockquote>

I had a very similar thread a while back, as I a considering the high-end Sony Clie, but don't want to waste my money. The responses tended to be that in OS 9 there were some compatibility issues, that could be resolved with The Missing Sync (http://store.markspace.com/missingsync.html) and while that product also claims it adds OS X support to the Clie, most report that with Palm Desktop 4.0, the syncronization support is already there and flawless.

Hope this helps.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    trevormtrevorm Posts: 841member
    I have a Palm Vx and have never had a single problem with it. It works perfectly fine with OSX and 9! I really can reccomend Palm as they are just brilliant and quite handy (They can do lots) products no matter if its the top end or low end model!

Check out <a href="http://www.palm.com"; target="_blank">Palm</a> online