iBook mirroring - advice please

ftft
Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I am thinking of buying a new iBook. I need it to make presentations using a projector. Will the projected image be of adequate quality for a critical audience? Also I don't understand the difference between mirroring and dual display which apparently the PowerBook can do but not the iBook.

I read that the iBook can do 75Hz refresh rate with RGB output - does this have a detecatble flicker or is it OK?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    jambojambo Posts: 3,036member
    Moving to Genius Bar...
  • Reply 2 of 3
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    the iBook displays at a native 1024x768, which is as high as most projectors will go.

you want mirroring when you're doing a display, so you can see the projected image on the laptop as well as being projected to the screen.

the iBook is a great machine for presentations.

i''d actually like to hear from powerbook owners who have the unusual screen sizes, how well to projectors take those?
  • Reply 3 of 3
    pyr3pyr3 Posts: 946member
    [quote]Originally posted by alcimedes:

<strong>the iBook displays at a native 1024x768, which is as high as most projectors will go.

you want mirroring when you're doing a display, so you can see the projected image on the laptop as well as being projected to the screen.

the iBook is a great machine for presentations.

i''d actually like to hear from powerbook owners who have the unusual screen sizes, how well to projectors take those?</strong><hr></blockquote>

I watched Phantom Menace on a projector from a PowerBook and I didn't see any problems.