HP unveils worlds first all-in-one with Xeon, ECC, Quadro

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=S5v5ziNp1fk

Doesn't look bad at all for professional use, and unlike most all in ones you can change out the processor and GPU.

Thoughts?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    I like it.

It appears that HP's considerable experience in server and Bladesystem design has

created a solid entry into the AIO Workstation market.

I'd prefer that it had 3 drive bays rather than 2 so that at a minimum a RAID-5 internal array could be configured.

With the high end iMac becoming popular with graphic designers I could easily see a AIO Mac Pro setup built with Apple style and a step up in performance.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,322moderator
    Expensive - it says it starts at $1899 with a dual-core i3 and integrated graphics.

Supports 1 external display where the iMac supports 2 and probably up to 4 with a Thunderbolt splitter.

I love the serviceability aspect of it but all Apple has to do is move the hard drives to the base of the display.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    I'm really struck by how Apple like the video is. It seems like it's gradually dawning on everyone that the razor thin margin, commodity part race to the bottom business isn't the right business to be in.

As with the UltraBook stuff, everyone wants a part of Apple's "story"-- well designed products that emphasize quality and ingenuity over cut-rate pricing. HP clearly wants some of that vibe-- for us to think of them as thoughtful wizards who spend their time dreaming up delightful customer experiences.

Have no idea if it will work, but I can't blame them for trying.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    tipootipoo Posts: 1,142member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

Expensive - it says it starts at $1899 with a dual-core i3 and integrated graphics.

Yeah, the base model is probably the least reasonable. With Xeons and Quadros though the prices don't look too bad, that's like a single processor Mac Pro with a 27" IPS screen. If you NEED a Xeon or Quadro the iMac doesn't compare, for everyone else the latter might make more sense.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    The base model is probably the most reasonable. Although the price is not too bad, like a single processor Mac Pro27 "IPS screen, if you need a Xeon or Quadro iMac does not than others, which may make more Xeon processors and Medeiros sense.