wifi and router problem

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
i got my hands on my first iOS device, a ipod touch

the ipod touch connects to my wifi Linksys router WRT54G fine, but it cant access the internet.......

i have assigned it static IP address 192.168.2.15, subnet 255.255.255.0 and DNS 192.168.5.1.....

(similar settings are used on my laptop and desktop computers)

i dont understand what should "router" setting should be as well as "search domains"..

HTTP Proxy is set to off

i can ping the ipod touch static IP address fine........................

another question is how do i find out the version of ipod touch ie hardware version not the sofware version whether its 4 th generation or3rd generation ipod

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by makhan10 View Post

another question is how do i find out the version of ipod touch ie hardware version not the sofware version whether its 4 th generation or3rd generation ipod

Via model number, visible in the About section of the General preferences.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    what does model MD057LL means???????????
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Quote:

what does model MD057LL means???????????

You have a 4th-gen iPod touch.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    muppetrymuppetry Posts: 3,331member
    Quote:

i got my hands on my first iOS device, a ipod touch

the ipod touch connects to my wifi Linksys router WRT54G fine, but it cant access the internet.......

i have assigned it static IP address 192.168.2.15, subnet 255.255.255.0 and DNS 192.168.5.1.....

(similar settings are used on my laptop and desktop computers)

i dont understand what should "router" setting should be as well as "search domains"..

HTTP Proxy is set to off

i can ping the ipod touch static IP address fine........................

You appear to have your DNS on a machine on a different subnet - is that a typo. In any case, for a static assigned IP you have to specify the gateway (or router) address explicitly - that should be the 54G IP address.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    That is because I think you have to make some visibility in you router and Ipod. You can find the generation through the serial number and the specification.