iPad2 Maps Location Icon

Posted:
in iPad edited January 2014
Hello,

Do anyone knows how can i copy/save the iPad Maps Location icon image from my jailbroken device ?

Here's a screenshot of it:

I'm talking about the animated blue circle that appears around the blue ball when the device is located. It represents a pulsing signal emitter.

Thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    276 views, no answers. Seems like it's impossible ?
  • Reply 2 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by brunoaduarte View Post

276 views, no answers. Seems like it's impossible ?

I can't imagine it being possible. Since the ring constantly changes size, I doubt it's an image file at all.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

I can't imagine it being possible. Since the ring constantly changes size, I doubt it's an image file at all.

Hi, there are two circles. The one you're talking about , that changes size is the one that appears when the position is not accurate, and it's probably drawn with the GoogleMaps Javascript function to create circles...

This one i'm talking about, is the one that appears after position is correctly calculated, and i believe it's an animated GIF or something like that... It doesn't change size, everytime it appears it's the same animation with the same size... So i believe it's in the same cache folder that the blue ball icon is.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    Oh! Holy crap, I already had it! I have a rip of iPhone 4 UIImages!

Granted, it's from the iPhone 4, but that will make it even better quality, anyway.

Um? okay, I guess here? I'm still not really sure what you're after, but I do have all the images that Maps can pull up, so if these are wrong, I can just post others.

Apple doesn't use GIFs.

• Reply 5 of 5
    Hi,

nice, i think it's something like this...

I've posted a short video of the animation i'm trying to reproduce here:

http://youtu.be/u1TJTxn70R8

Can you upload all the "frames" of it ?

I'm curious to know how the Maps application create this animation, if they don't use GIF.

Thanks