Cell Phones in the UK

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Ok, in September, I'm going to London for a year as part of a study abroad program through my University, and I need to get a cell phone. Any good suggestions on providers in the UK?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    jambojambo Posts: 3,036member
    Check out <a href="http://www.o2.co.uk"; target="_blank">O2</a>.

You'd proably want to go for a package like 'Pay and Go Wild' unless you plan on using it loads, then go for a contract package.

J :cool:

PS Drop me an e-mail if you have any specific questions, my friend owns a chain of mobile phone shops so I'm pretty clued up

[ 08-14-2002: Message edited by: Jamie ]</p>
  • Reply 2 of 4
    I live in the UK.

DO NOT go with O2! O2 are BTCellnet under another name--they had to re-brand themselves because they got such a bad reputation! Their coverage is very poor.

Go with Orange.

I've just upgraded, and have researched this well...

[ 08-16-2002: Message edited by: unremarkable ]</p>
  • Reply 3 of 4
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Go Orange!

I work at the danish part of the company. We have a yearly deficit of roughly $150 million for every year the last six years which is also the time Orange have been here. Orange in England is giving us money to survive so every penny you spend with Orange is helping me getting my pay. And since I plan to buy a new Powerbook next year its also help Apple survive. So to go Orange is a win-win situation for both of us
  • Reply 4 of 4
    xaqtlyxaqtly Posts: 450member
    T Mobile has access all over the world, so it'll work in the US and the UK. Give them a shot.