Notes don't sync on ipad

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
My imac and iphone 4s are able to sync notes but ipad does not. Ios 5.1. On ipad accounts are my mail, all notes, and on my ipad. There is no icloud account like on iphone. I am pretty sure my settings are all turned on. Any ideas?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gdog View Post

There is no iCloud account like on iPhone.

Why not? Sign into your iCloud account on your iPad and see if they sync then.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    gdoggdog Posts: 224member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tallest skil View Post

why not? Sign into your icloud account on your ipad and see if they sync then.

i am signed in to icloud. Notes turned on. Under accounts in notes there is no icloud account like on iphone (upper left corner). All running ios 5.1 ??
  • Reply 3 of 4
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gdog View Post

Under accounts in notes there is no icloud account like on iphone (upper left corner). All running ios 5.1 ??

Interesting? and when you create a note on the iPad, it isn't pushed to your other devices? Vice versa as well?

I think your best bet is to try clearing off the iCloud accounts and re-adding them. Not emptying them of content, just removing the login data from your devices and reinitializing.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    gdoggdog Posts: 224member
    Mail on imac and phone sync. Ipad no sync

documents sync. Other cloud based things seem to work correctly. Its first gen ipad if that means anything.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by tallest skil View Post

interesting? and when you create a note on the ipad, it isn't pushed to your other devices? Vice versa as well?

I think your best bet is to try clearing off the icloud accounts and re-adding them. Not emptying them of content, just removing the login data from your devices and reinitializing.