Tranfer from ipad 1 to 3

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Sorry if this has been answered, but i cant get search to work for some reason.

I have bought a new ipad and have the original. How do I move everything to the new one so I can sell the old one?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,309moderator
    You would sync the old one, then plugin the new one and restore from backup. Then choose the iPad backup. Make sure everything is over and that important application data is over too like documents you saved. If not, you may have to copy those manually by pulling them out of the app on the old iPad via iTunes and putting them back on the new one the same way.

Once you make sure the new one has all your data, wipe the iPad using the security option or just restore to factory defaults.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    osminosmin Posts: 10member
    Thanks.

I have started using the Cloudon app for my docs and it works great. I can pull them up instantly on my laptop ( I use Word). So mainly I just want to make sure everything else goes. I have done this with a MacBook pro and it was a beautiful thing to watch as it made the new laptop be the old one exactly. So I figured it would be easy.

Nothing in my PC world has ever been like that.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    hira2hira2 Posts: 1member
    I have started using the Cloudon app for my docs and it works great. I can pull them up instantly on my laptop ( I use Word). So mainly I just want to make sure everything else goes.