airport network question

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I'm thinking about doing a airport network im my office at work. most of our computers are compatible but we have 3 tray loading imacs and a indigo slot loading, and i saw that they arent comapatible with the airport card or the adapter. Also we have 2 pc's. Anyone know how to get the imacs and the pcs on the airpot network?

thanks

[ 08-26-2002: Message edited by: Ti Fighter ]</p>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    wmfwmf Posts: 1,164member
    You could just use cables...
  • Reply 2 of 4
    There are at least two good options.

One is Proxim.com which has some products specfically for older iMacs. They also carry wireless cards for your PC's.

Or you could go with a USB wireless device. It catches the 802.11 and passes it to your computer via USB. Not elegant, but it works.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    tray loading iMacs will have to go through a router which could plug into the Base Station (there's only ONE spare ethernet port on a Base Station) ....

the PC's are easy ... just get a 802.11b PCI card for them (less than $100 for the Linksys model), then muck around with it's "properties" to get it to work.

My airport net at home has one tray-loading iMac through the extra ethernet port, an iBook, and an eMachine (windows) ... all working flawlessly.

Well... if that can be said at all for Wintel
  • Reply 4 of 4
    thanks all