What is your favorite Gizmo/Gadget/Toy and why?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I have been in the hospital for the last week and will probably be here for another 2 weeks. So I pretty much collected my entire aresonal of laptops, tablets, wireless bluetooth speaker, cell phones and a pocket HD to keep me company.

At any given time my bed looks like tech bazar. Looking down at the sea of gadgets I started to think which one is my absutely favorite.

You have to play games like this when your stuck in a bed for 3 weeks. So I was wondering if there any of you who would like to play with me.

You have to give your favorite gadget, a brief description about it and why you enjoy it so much. Possibly on how it has changed your life.

I'll start; My favorite gadget is the Samsung Galaxy Note. The Note is kind of like a hybrid, half phone, half tablet as it's size is 5.3". It's powered by a dual core Samsung cpu clocked at 1.4 Ghz, however I have modified that to 1.7 Ghz using a custom kernel. The resolution is what I think is the most interesting part, 1280 x 800 with a SAMOLED. Which is what I think is the best screen technology available today, it's simply stunning.

It has 32GB of space with an adittional Samung 64GB miniSD card totaling the space to 96GB. The reaon why I added so much space is I was about to buy a wireless SSD drive from Sandisk but it cost less to go with the 64GB miniSD route. Plus with Androids ability to to share its wife and data gives it more abilities then Sandisk could have. Even my iPad can benefit, I stream movies from it all the time.

The camera is 8 MP and films video in 1080p, the quality is fantastic and is defiantly on par with the iPhone 4S actually the video is better.

The Galaxys Note major feature is the Wacom active digitizer pen. The pen is hidden in the body of the phone. Usages for this pen are so numerous, I have now officialy thrown out my notepad and pen. It's so handy to mark up word docs and the send them back to the sender as a PDF. The uses are infinite.

The battery is 2500 and it lasts forever well a whole day of surfing, gaming, calling and messaging.

Oh games rock on this, I can actually place Modern Combat 3 comfortably and its fast. Even games like GTA3 and Shadowgun are amazing on it. Best phone to play games on.

I won't discuss the OS because I know how much everyone on this board dislikes Android. Just one thing, there isn't one feature that is missing, I never find my self needing something.

This device has changed the way I use my gadgets. I used to carry around a bag on the weekends just for my tablet now I just throw my Note into my purse and I'm off or even just in my back pocket or jacket. I have a small very powerfull computer at the ready.

I could go on and on why I love my Samsunv Note but I think I'm starting to bore you guys.

So please for the sake of my sanity add to this thread. What's your favorite gadget.

P.S. please forgive any spelling or grammer errors I'm an a Morphine drip.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    relicrelic Posts: 4,735member
    Wow what does a girl who just had her chest ripped into has to do for a little conversation around here. I'm sorry I just can't sleep. What no one ever tells you about morphine is that it can also be stimulant

It's cool if everyone else wants to argue about the size of the A5X 45nm whh isn't is. 01. Because it cost more to manufacture and the savings difference was greater then the improvememts a smaller die would ha e brought them
  • Reply 2 of 3
    backtomacbacktomac Posts: 4,579member
    I'll play.

First gen iPad. Typing this from it right now while in bed. I just love this thing. While I can do everything I do on this on a computer, it's just better (usually but not always) on the iPad.

Ps I hope you recover quickly from your illness.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    I like to do some change to my clothing. I sewn patterns to my Abercrombie UK clothing.