Please don?t tell me iPad-3 screen also has Backlight Bleeding issues !!

Posted:
in iPad edited January 2014
Oh No ! Not again, now with this one also ? Does the iPad-3 also have a Backlight Bleeding issues ?? Even before getting it, it has sent shivers down my spine !! I have been reading about it. Ok, how does one identify if the one he has, has a Backlight bleeding issues ?

Comments

  • Reply 1 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by augustya View Post


    Oh No ! Not again, now with this one also ? Does the iPad-3 also have a Backlight Bleeding issues ?? Even before getting it, it has sent shivers down my spine !! I have been reading about it. Ok, how does one identify if the one he has, has a Backlight bleeding issues ?



    If you don't know what "backlight bleeding" looks like, why do you care?
  • Reply 2 of 7
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,399member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Technarchy View Post


    If you don't know what "backlight bleeding" looks like, why do you care?



    And if he doesn't know that every LCD suffers from some amount of this, why would he be trying to purchase something with an LCD screen?
  • Reply 3 of 7
    augustyaaugustya Posts: 109member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post


    And if he doesn't know that every LCD suffers from some amount of this, why would he be trying to purchase something with an LCD screen?



    So need a genuine suggestion !



    This whole issue of Backlight Bleeding being there / not there as reported by a couple of people has put me in a strange Dilemma, What I am thinking now,is do I get thing done or not ? I was gonna get the New iPad from the U.S from one of my friend and since a common opinion on that is it is because the Glue has not dried which was used to stick the display screens to the panel maybe that is causing it and once it is dried up it will, maybe not there and since Apple had to rush out urgent stocks it never had the time to let this thing happen. So what I was thinking was, maybe this is a problem with newer stocks and as and when we get into the 2nd phase of stocks which will likely hit my country as my country's name does not appear in the first nor second list of countries where the iPad-3 has been released as of now, this will also give some time to get into the 2nd Phase of stocks which will be all ready with the problem having been overcome and that would have also given it time to dry up.



    So does it make more sense to wait till the iPad-3 is officially released in my country in another 2 months time, that way it will also give some time to overcome this problem, if at all it is there ?
  • Reply 4 of 7
    mikeb85mikeb85 Posts: 506member
    If you want the iPad, get it, don't worry about backlight bleeding. It happens with all LCDs, and is not noticeable unless the screen is always black. It comes down to how different types of displays work. Here's a comparison between the two types of displays used in mobile devices:



    LCD - IMO best colour representation and sharpness in mobile devices, screen bleeds white onto black, so blacks occasionaly aren't as black as they could be.



    OLED - good brightness and contrast, true blacks, unrealistic colour representation, whites sometimes look blueish.



    In my opinion, LCDs win compared to where OLED technology is right now, despite the backlight bleeding.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,660member
    It seems like between your problem with "full" HD and now possible backlight issues, you already have serious misgivings about the iPad without ever having seen one. I wouldn't be surprised if other issues cropped up, for you.



    So I'd suggest waiting. I can't imagine that you're going to be happy if you purchase a device with the full expectation that it has a bunch of problems. Wait till you can play around with one, see if the problems outweigh the advantages, and make your decision then.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    augustyaaugustya Posts: 109member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mikeb85 View Post


    If you want the iPad, get it, don't worry about backlight bleeding. It happens with all LCDs, and is not noticeable unless the screen is always black. It comes down to how different types of displays work. Here's a comparison between the two types of displays used in mobile devices:



    LCD - IMO best colour representation and sharpness in mobile devices, screen bleeds white onto black, so blacks occasionaly aren't as black as they could be.



    OLED - good brightness and contrast, true blacks, unrealistic colour representation, whites sometimes look blueish.



    In my opinion, LCDs win compared to where OLED technology is right now, despite the backlight bleeding.





    Thanks for the Explanantion !
  • Reply 7 of 7
    augustyaaugustya Posts: 109member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DonnetteSpe View Post


    It happens with all LCDs, and is not noticeable unless the screen is always black.









    Hmm....Now this is the second confirmation that I have got. Somebody else was also describing it to me that it occurs only when the Brightness level is set to max and the screen is Black.
Sign In or Register to comment.