Problem iMessage

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
I have a problem that when I send text messages to my brother, it tries to send the text message as iMessage despite the fact that my brother has disabled it. Therefore, he dosen't get the text message. Anyone have any suggestions?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Tell him to reenable it? Why would anyone purposely waste their money on texts?
  • Reply 2 of 8
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Tell him to reenable it? Why would anyone purposely waste their money on texts?

Because it's more reliable (and not everyone has an iPhone )

Then again, for only $15, the entire family gets unlimited texting... including the non-iPhone phones... not really much of a waste (especially since the kids THINK they can't live without texting.)

And by using SMS instead of iMessage, we KNOW that the message will get to its intended destination, and in a timely manner... that is NOT my experience with iMessage.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by KingOfSomewhereHot View Post

And by using SMS instead of iMessage, we KNOW that the message will get to its intended destination, and in a timely manner…

I've had texts recently not show up on my phone for over twelve hours, and years ago it might take an entire day. Let me tell you, when people know where you are and want to know what you're doing, not responding to a text (because you didn't get it at all yet) isn't the best course of action in some situations…

I get iMessages immediately.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

?

I get iMessages immediately.

I don't doubt it ... But my experience has been just the opposite.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    tayataya Posts: 2member
    thnak
  • Reply 6 of 8
    iMessage was announced by Scott Forstall at his keynote speech on June 6, 2011 at the WWDC 2011. A version of the iOS Messages application with support for iMessage was included in the iOS 5 update on October 12, 2011.

iMessage is automatically turned on via the Settings app under Messages; you can also turn off the feature here too. On the iPhone, any message that cannot be sent via iMessage is automatically sent using a carrier?s existing SMS service.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    may be your brother's phone was incompatible with the Imessage
  • Reply 8 of 8
    hanyhany Posts: 5member
    iMessage is an instant messenger service developed by Apple Inc. for iOS and OS X Mountain Lion.

iMessage was announced by Scott Forstall at his keynote speech on June 6, 2011 at the WWDC 2011. A version of the iOS Messages application with support for iMessage was included in the iOS 5 update on October 12, 2011.

As of December 2011 there are reports of stolen devices still sending and receiving messages of the original owner. In another case, an iPhone bought by a customer received iMessages sent to and by the employee who activated the iPhone

On February 16, 2012, Apple announced that a new OS X Messages application with support for iMessages, replacing iChat, will be part of OS X Mountain Lion

To start using iMessage, open the Settings app and tap the Messages menu. You?re prompted to enter your Apple ID?that?s the email address you use for buying apps in iTunes and logging in to iCloud. If you don?t have one, you?ll be prompted to create an account.

If you?re setting up iMessage on your iPhone, people who know your mobile number will always be able to use it to message you; you can also supply iMessage with an email address where other iOS device users can reach you. If you?re using an iPod touch or iPad, you can message people only by email address, so you?ll have to supply one during the setup. You can use any email address you own?such as your iCloud or Gmail account.