Importing Entourage Mailbox to Mail.app over AirPort

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
How do I do it? The mailbox never shows up when I try.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    in·for·ma·tion Pronunciation Key (nfr-mshn)

n.

Knowledge derived from study, experience, or instruction.

Knowledge of specific events or situations that has been gathered or received by communication; intelligence or news. See Synonyms at knowledge.

A collection of facts or data: statistical information.

The act of informing or the condition of being informed; communication of knowledge: Safety instructions are provided for the information of our passengers.

Computer Science. Processed, stored, or transmitted data.

A numerical measure of the uncertainty of an experimental outcome.

Law. A formal accusation of a crime made by a public officer rather than by grand jury indictment.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Huh?
  • Reply 3 of 4
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    i think what he's saying is that we need a few more details before we 'd be able to help you out.

for instance, is it a problem with your Airport not working? do the files show up and they just don't import?

if they don't import, what have you tried. what error messages have you gotten.

if you can, write out everything you've tried, and the results you've gotten. it's tough to troubleshoot computer problems over the 'net, in-depth information is about the only way to combat this.

-alcimedes
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Okay. I am using Mail.app and Address Book on my new TiBook with Jaguar, and I'm using Entourage 2001 on my B&W G3 with OS 9.2. I wirelessly network the two computers with AirPort and have enabled File Sharing and Program Sharing (or Program Linking- regardless of the name, it enables one to run programs remotely). What I would like to do is to import my contacts and archived email from my old computer running Entourage to my new computer running Mail.app and Address Book.

I'm in Mail.app on my TiBook and select "import" from the file menu. It asks what program I want to import from, and I select "Microsoft Entourage 2001." It's not on my local hard drive so it asks me to locate it. I remotely browse my old computer's hard drive on my TiBook, find Entourage 2001, and select it. The problem is that nothing shows up once I return to the import box in Mail.app.

I figure, okay, I'll just copy the Identity folder from that computer to this one, open it in Entourage v.X, and import it in Mail.app from there. No go, the files won't all transfer.

Is there an easy way to do this? I just want my damn contacts and archived email.