Complete disassembly instructions for Original PBG4

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
My plastic battery eject switch broke on my 500, and Apple actually sells the replacement part for $6.03. The problem is that I need to totally strip my machine to replace it.

I've installed airport and a new hardrive on it, plus I'm an electrical engineer with a modified Rx-7. I am technically capable of doing this for sure, I just would rather not have to figure it out myself. Is there detailed documentation about PBG4 assembly/disassembly anywhere?

Thanks.

[ 09-06-2002: Message edited by: Splinemodel ]</p>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    Disassembly instructions for the original iBook would be appreciated as well,I have a loose modem.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    I think this stuff is only available to Apple authorized service shops.

If I am wrong I'd love to hear it.

Is Apple going to sell you the 6.03 part directly? I'd inquire with the source that is providing the part.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    Hey,can you sell me the Brooklyn bridge?
  • Reply 4 of 7
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    why don't u ask your local Apple Certified Reseller for a manual?
  • Reply 5 of 7
    I'm friends with an apple authorized retail store owner.

I suppose I could ask for a manual too, but I wanted to see if they were online first.

Thanks
  • Reply 6 of 7
    der kopfder kopf Posts: 2,275member
    To whom an iBook is causing problems; the following link might help you out a little bit:

<a href="http://homepage.usask.ca/~cjn339/index.html"; target="_blank">iBook modifications</a>

cool for any other iBook owners also, IMHO.

:eek:
  • Reply 7 of 7
    Thanks for the link.The Apple dealer probably won't give you a manual,in most cases like these they are internal documnets.I found a tech manual fo rthe Epson3000,though,come to think of it I got it at:

<a href="http://www.vancebaldwin.com"; target="_blank">www.vancebaldwin.com</a>

They may have tech manuals for Apple as well.