iPod Backlight won't turn off

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
After a recent charge, the backlight won't turn off after I set it for 5 or 10 seconds. I can turn it off completely, but don't want to. Any suggestions, fixes? Thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    suggestion: move it to Digital Hub.

oh by the way:

in·for·ma·tion Pronunciation Key (nfr-mshn)

n.

Knowledge derived from study, experience, or instruction.

Knowledge of specific events or situations that has been gathered or received by communication; intelligence or news. See Synonyms at knowledge.

A collection of facts or data: statistical information.

The act of informing or the condition of being informed; communication of knowledge: Safety instructions are provided for the information of our passengers.

Computer Science. Processed, stored, or transmitted data.

A numerical measure of the uncertainty of an experimental outcome.

Law. A formal accusation of a crime made by a public officer rather than by grand jury indictment.

[quote] i think what he's saying is that we need a few more details before we 'd be able to help you out.

if you can, write out everything you've tried, and the results you've gotten. it's tough to troubleshoot computer problems over the 'net, in-depth information is about the only way to combat this. <hr></blockquote>

troubleshooting over the internet is difficult if you can't provide us with more info. we'll help you gladly, but we need more information.

The Information Eaters ?
  • Reply 2 of 10
    I explained it completely. The backlight not turning off no matter what I do except to turn it on always is self-explanitory. Perhaps you don't know the answer, so be nice and let somebody else respond rather then giving me a lecture.
  • Reply 3 of 10
    stunnedstunned Posts: 1,096member
    You can try to reset your settings. Maybe that will work.

make sure you can retrieve your music files though.

good luck
  • Reply 4 of 10
    happens to me too, just give it a reboot (hold menu and play at the same time for about 10 seconds) thats should do the trick.
  • Reply 5 of 10
    you know, I wanted more info:
    • ipod firmware 1.1 or 1.2

• iPod model: 5GB, 10GB, 20GB, for mac or win

[ 09-07-2002: Message edited by: Defiant ]</p>
  • Reply 6 of 10
    Lucky Birds. My backlight doesn't even work.
  • Reply 7 of 10
    [quote]Originally posted by Altivec_2.0:

<strong>Lucky Birds. My backlight doesn't even work.</strong><hr></blockquote>

why not ?
  • Reply 8 of 10
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    [quote]Originally posted by Defiant:

<strong>suggestion: move it to Digital Hub.

oh by the way:

in·for·ma·tion Pronunciation Key (nfr-mshn)

n.

Knowledge derived from study, experience, or instruction.

Knowledge of specific events or situations that has been gathered or received by communication; intelligence or news. See Synonyms at knowledge.

A collection of facts or data: statistical information.

The act of informing or the condition of being informed; communication of knowledge: Safety instructions are provided for the information of our passengers.

Computer Science. Processed, stored, or transmitted data.

A numerical measure of the uncertainty of an experimental outcome.

Law. A formal accusation of a crime made by a public officer rather than by grand jury indictment.

troubleshooting over the internet is difficult if you can't provide us with more info. we'll help you gladly, but we need more information.

The Information Eaters ?</strong><hr></blockquote>

shut up. if you can't help don't don't post. and how about you leave the moderating to the moderators
  • Reply 9 of 10
    Dogcow:

Thanks, worked. Damn the Defiant!!!
  • Reply 10 of 10

Thanks Dogcow!  You da caninebovine!/Katie