Mail 1.2 or .Mac problem?

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Hi all,

I'm experiencing an odd problem, but I'm not sure if my Mail.app is busted or if something is amiss with my .Mac account (or both?).

As of the 11th, I've been unable to receive e-mail from my .Mac account with Mail 1.2. I can send it, just can't receive it. This I discovered (after being puzzled by an unusual 5 days of e-mail silence) by sending myself mail to both my .mac address and my work address (forwarded to my .mac account). I was able to collect it only by using my .mac webmail account.

So, after checking my internet mail settings (which seem correct), I thought I'd try .Mac support. I headed out and logged-in to my account with no problem, but when I clicked the support button, I got the "these are the kinds of support you get if you become a .Mac member" graphic instead of the actual support page that would allow me access to the discussion boards, etc. (I should mention here that I'm using a trial account (hopefully full-fledged, soon), though I thought I still had access to support. Could be wrong, though!) I've tried this with several browsers and get the same result:

Webmail: Yes

Support access: No

And, of course, the aforementioned inability to collect mail from the desktop.

I'd be greatly obliged to anyone who has an insight, suggestion or solution.

Thanks in advance!

Chris

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    *bump*

• Reply 2 of 3
    so have you independently tested receive function for mail by "add account" (of your work email/smtp/mailserver) and test if you can receive the mail that isn't forwarded?

i.e.: to troubleshoot if all receive function is bad, or if perhaps trail accounts at .mac aren't

fully functional (dunno, but perhaps a possibility)

i've got some direct and some forwarded mail accounts, all checked by Mail 1.2

<tests a bounce to each account in another window>

directly checked mailboxes DO get the message sooner than forwarded ones.

no surprise.

net traffic being what it is (and some mailservers batch-sending every x minutes rather than 'realtime' may all contribute)

but five days is a bit much...

hth

my .032 cdn

edit: formatting

[ 09-17-2002: Message edited by: curiousuburb ]</p>
  • Reply 3 of 3
    [quote]Originally posted by curiousuburb:

<strong>so have you independently tested receive function for mail by "add account" (of your work email/smtp/mailserver) and test if you can receive the mail that isn't forwarded?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Yep, I've tried it. I guess I'll try re-installing Mail and see what happens.

Thanks for the suggestion. Much appreciated!

Chris