DVD Player 3.2 error (Jaguar)

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Whenever I launch DVD Player I am prompted with a dialog that says "DVD Player encountered a serious error. Unknown error. [1634955892]"

The dialog forces me to quit...

Even though I can see the DVD startup movie playing in the background.

I expect it is not a problem with the DVD drive itself or with the disk because i can boot into OS 9 and watch the movie just fine.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    I had this problem when I installed a second drive in the second drive bay of the new powermac (OS 10.2 DVD player 3.0) after setting the regions for the drive. I re-installed some of the system software (just the additional apps I think) and the problem was sorted. Never found out what it was though.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    More data:

updating to 10.2.1 has not fixed the problem

i installed 10.2 on another partition on the same machine and DVD Player works fine when booted from that partition.

Any ideas on how to fix?
  • Reply 3 of 6
    [quote]Originally posted by DaveLee:

<strong>I had this problem when I installed a second drive in the second drive bay of the new powermac (OS 10.2 DVD player 3.0) after setting the regions for the drive. I re-installed some of the system software (just the additional apps I think) and the problem was sorted. Never found out what it was though.</strong><hr></blockquote>

How do I install just the additional Apps?
  • Reply 4 of 6
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    If you have multiple DVD drives, can you set each to a different reigon and play both regions without the drives locking up?

PS: I know about the reset progams.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    [quote]Originally posted by Ebby:

<strong>If you have multiple DVD drives, can you set each to a different reigon and play both regions without the drives locking up?

PS: I know about the reset progams.</strong><hr></blockquote>

no
  • Reply 6 of 6
    [quote]Originally posted by AllInOne:

<strong>

Any ideas on how to fix?</strong><hr></blockquote>

I got the following advice on another forum:

I renamed the file /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/HIServices.framework to /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/HIServices.framework.old

(I did this in Terminal with mv command)

DVD plays fine now and haven't found any bad effects...