Apple rolls out iPhoto 9.2.3 update

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014


Apple released an update for iPhoto on Thursday, bringing minor improvements and bug fixes to the picture editing and management program.



iPhoto 9.2.3 fixes a multiple user confliction issue and brings minor performance bumps.



From the change log:



Improves overall stability

Addresses an issue that could cause iPhoto to quit unexpectedly on systems with multiple user accounts.




The newest version is recommended for all users of iPhoto '11 and requires Mac OS X 10.6.8 or OS X Lion 10.7.3 or later.







The update comes in at 354.55MB and can be downloaded through Apple's or Software Update.



[ View article on AppleInsider ]

«1

Comments

  • Reply 1 of 24
    lanklank Posts: 27member
    If your copy is from the App Store you must update from there.





    "The update comes in at 354.55MB and can be downloaded through Apple's or Software Update."
  • Reply 2 of 24
    gtrgtr Posts: 3,230member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lank View Post


    If your copy is from the App Store you must update from there.



    "The update comes in at 354.55MB and can be downloaded through Apple's or Software Update."



    You get a gold star for your handy hint!
  • Reply 3 of 24
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 42,839member
    759 MB for me.
  • Reply 4 of 24
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post


    759 MB for me.



    Mine was <14mb ??
  • Reply 5 of 24
    gtrgtr Posts: 3,230member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post


    759 MB for me.



    Moderators of Apple-related forums are considered 'special' and get the ultra-extended-remix version with bonus bytes.
  • Reply 6 of 24
    Good thing is was minor update. Imagine if it was a Major Update?
  • Reply 7 of 24
    I really wish that apple would make it so that the iPhoto for ios would sync directly with iPhoto for osx
  • Reply 8 of 24
    ljocampoljocampo Posts: 657member
    Mine was 13.43MBs. I guess it depends what version you're using to indicate what size or amount of new files need updating. The install for me took 3 minutes but I was up to date from their last update.
  • Reply 9 of 24
    asciiascii Posts: 5,456member
    I kind of went off iPhoto a few versions ago. Really loved it in the beginning but somehow now too heavyweight.
  • Reply 10 of 24
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ascii View Post


    I kind of went off iPhoto a few versions ago. Really loved it in the beginning but somehow now too heavyweight.



    I really like iPhoto. Works great for me, and i have over 30k of photos... mostly raw and then edited either in iPhoto or PS5. I haven't seen any "quick easy app" that does as good of a job that isn't "more heavyweight" than iPhoto. What is your suggestion?
  • Reply 11 of 24
    boltsfan17boltsfan17 Posts: 1,844member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MagicFingers View Post


    I really like iPhoto. Works great for me, and i have over 30k of photos... mostly raw and then edited either in iPhoto or PS5. I haven't seen any "quick easy app" that does as good of a job that isn't "more heavyweight" than iPhoto. What is your suggestion?



    Have you tried Lightroom? IMO, that's the best software for organizing photos and basic photo editing.
  • Reply 12 of 24
    Until iPhoto allows me to export photos with the date the pictures were taken as the file name, this is a useless program.
  • Reply 13 of 24
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 42,839member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dalidrama View Post


    Until iPhoto allows me to export photos with the date the pictures were taken as the file name, this is a useless program.



    As long as the anti-Apple crowd can make up exceedingly nonsensical demands from Apple products, we will always have trolls.
  • Reply 14 of 24
    A Troll by anyother name is a..........
  • Reply 15 of 24
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 42,839member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by deepriver View Post


    A Troll by anyother name is a..........



    Not sure, but they don't smell very sweet at all.
  • Reply 16 of 24
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Boltsfan17 View Post


    Have you tried Lightroom? IMO, that's the best software for organizing photos and basic photo editing.



    he said "not so heavy weight". i think iPhoto is the least heavy of them.
  • Reply 17 of 24
    masrinmasrin Posts: 7member
    The lousy thing about iPhoto is you cannot directly download the iphoto app to iPhone 4.

    you to go to some other link and then download and do lots of stupid things to finally get the app to work

    Why cant apple develop design apps which are user friendly and can be used instantly.

    Wake up Apple before esteemed die hard fans ditch apple.
  • Reply 18 of 24
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 42,839member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by masrin View Post


    The lousy thing about iPhoto is you cannot directly download the iPhoto app to iPhone 4.



    Because it isn't designed for it.



    Quote:

    Why cant apple develop design apps which are user friendly and can be used instantly.



    Because it isn't designed for it.



    Quote:

    Wake up Apple before esteemed die hard fans ditch apple.



    Come off it.
  • Reply 19 of 24
    masrinmasrin Posts: 7member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post


    Because it isn't designed for it.







    Because it isn't designed for it.







    Come off it.



    If it isn'nt designed for iPhone 4 why cant apple modify the software to be suitable for use on iPad and iPhone 4 or withdraw the app from the apple store.

    Tim Cook to examine this issue.
  • Reply 20 of 24
    masrinmasrin Posts: 7member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MagicFingers View Post


    I really like iPhoto. Works great for me, and i have over 30k of photos... mostly raw and then edited either in iPhoto or PS5. I haven't seen any "quick easy app" that does as good of a job that isn't "more heavyweight" than iPhoto. What is your suggestion?



    Can you guide step by step after downloading the iphoto what step by step procedure needs to be carried out to install the apps as it does not work once downloaded.

    Thanks for your help in advance.
Sign In or Register to comment.