iPhone WiFi setup problem

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
I've tried several times to connect an iPhone to a wireless network I'm setting up that doesn't have an internet connection. The iPhone just sits there, and eventually gives up. An iPad connects OK. When I connect the access point to the Internet, the iPhone connects like i would expect and quickly.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,326moderator
    Have you tried forgetting the network and then connecting i.e tap the arrow to the right of the name and press 'forget this network', then reconnect by tapping the name?
  • Reply 2 of 5
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

Have you tried forgetting the network and then connecting i.e tap the arrow to the right of the name and press 'forget this network', then reconnect by tapping the name?

That button isn't available until successful completion of a connection.

I finally did manage to get it to connect. If I plug it in to the Internet, let it connect, and disconnect the Internet, the iPhone will connect to the network again, even after the router was restarted. I hope it still holds.

I'm trying to provide a convenient means of AirPrinting a document at an airport hangar building that is difficult and not quite worth connecting to the Internet.

This is a little bit of a headache that I didn't expect. When I heard about Airprint, I thought that that it would work function in an ad hoc environment, but that didn't work out either.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    I was facing some virus problem due to which that issue might be occured, you might get info for flash at www.swakker.com but definitely get cool apps for your iphone over there...

Swakker
  • Reply 4 of 5

1. Reset network settings. Touch Settings -> General -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings.

2. Still having problems? Touch Settings -> General -> Reset -> Reset All Settings. Warning: You will loose all of your preferences.

3. For YouTube problems on jailbroken iPhones try installing youtubeFix from Cydia or another package installer.

4. Restore your iPhone as a new phone. This is a slow and tedious process but will reset your iPhone as if it was new from the factory. Although this should fix all of the above issues, you will have to reload your contacts and media onto the iPhone from the computer manually. To restore:

- Connect your iPhone to the computer.

- Run iTunes.

- Under the Summary tab select Restore.

- Select backup if you wish. When restoring as a new iPhone you will not use the backup.

- When the process is complete the iPhone will restart.

- When the Set Up You iPhone screen appears select Set up as a new iPhone.

• Reply 5 of 5

if you're not even overclocking, you can probably live with the stock cooler for now.