Internet connection sharing

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Hi I've got a Biege G3 233DT, and my wife has just got a h-p PC, the thing is I have a cable modem attached to the G3 and I was wondering if anyone knew a way to share the internet connection with the PC in OS X 10.1.5. I understand it can be done in OS 10.2 (a feature of software base station I suppose), but I can't seem to find anything similar in 10.1.

If anyone can provide any information that would help, or suggest another method of doing this (without spending too much money, ie router), it would be much appreciated.

Cheers

smeegs

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    der kopfder kopf Posts: 2,275member
    There is a nifty app that I am using for that purpose, although in Classic, called IPNetRouter. I don't know if it exists for X, but I think it does (it's from the people who also make IPNetMonitor). Anyway, you might wanna look for that, and there's probably a demo available, so you can try it for a while.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    thuh freakthuh freak Posts: 2,664member
    the version for osx (gnat i think its named) is free i think, cuz its only a frontend to a free part of osx. if you are willing to hack around with your osx, you can do it completely within terminal (fun!). but, if you want the easy way out, goto sustworks.com and get gnat or whatever their calling it these days. they have tutorials and help there on getting it running.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    smeegssmeegs Posts: 23member
    Cheers guys, managed it.

I love OS X