HP Deskjet Printer Issue

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Hello,

I have an HP Deskjet 970 printer. I am using Mac OS X (10.2). My problem is that the printer setting always default back to standards.

I like to print in Grayscale, draft mode. Everytime I print, my printer dialog box goes back to normal print in color. I have tried numerous times to set the setting that I want as default. But everytime, they change back.

This driving me crazy. Has anyone else experience this with HP printer? I have already tried the newest HP driver (2.0e) without success.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks

Dave

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    i've found a few of my apps. have a hard to impossible time remembering their default settings. haven't found an answer yet. sorry man.

-alcimedes
  • Reply 2 of 4
    casecomcasecom Posts: 314member
    I had the same issue (with deskjet 812c) ... under 10.1 I always had to select my "Custom" set every time I printed.

Under 10.2, I went to File > Print and selected Draft, Grayscale, Black Only, etc. Then I selected the "Presets" popup menu, went to "Save" and named it "Black and White." Then when I go to print again it's set to "Black and White." although under Presets "Standard" is still available.

This is under 10.2.1 and driver 2.0e ... does this not work for you?

[ 10-02-2002: Message edited by: CaseCom ]</p>
  • Reply 4 of 4
    dave k.dave k. Posts: 1,306member
    [quote]Originally posted by CaseCom:

<strong>I had the same issue (with deskjet 812c) ... under 10.1 I always had to select my "Custom" set every time I printed.

Under 10.2, I went to File &gt; Print and selected Draft, Grayscale, Black Only, etc. Then I selected the "Presets" popup menu, went to "Save" and named it "Black and White." Then when I go to print again it's set to "Black and White." although under Presets "Standard" is still available.

This is under 10.2.1 and driver 2.0e ... does this not work for you?

[ 10-02-2002: Message edited by: CaseCom ]</strong><hr></blockquote>

Unfortunately not. The custom save setting does come up, but the actual print setting are still default setting.

Does anyone know where if the setting are saved in a prefernce or something?

Thanks again.