iPhone Pro with 4" display and 1080x720 resolution

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
my iPrediction

1. why iPhone Pro: because they will drop the number in the name, like the new iPad

2. there will be 2 iPhones in 2012. the 3.5" iPhone and the 4.0" iPhone Pro (like Macbook and Macbook Pro)

3. 1080x720 is still 3:2. they never will change that ratio. and that is a very good idea. still we have a 324 ppi retina display.

4. 4" with a 3:2 ratio will still have the same footprint like the 3.5" iPhone.

5. 2013 we will see the new iPhone Air

of course we will not miss LTE / 4G

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Welcome!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by contempor View Post

1. why iPhone Pro: because they will drop the number in the name, like the new iPad

Meaning just "iPhone". Not "Pro". We don't need word differentiation on top of the number differentiation. And what happens in 2013? "iPhone Pro Pro"? "iPhone Pro 2"? Nope.

Quote:

2. there will be 2 iPhones in 2012.

"There will be 2 iPhones in 2011." Remember that? Didn't happen. Isn't happening.

Quote:

the 3.5" iPhone and the 4.0" iPhone Pro (like Macbook and Macbook Pro)

Only if the former is the iPhone 4S and the latter is the new, single model.

Quote:

But what's the point? I have very large hands, and I couldn't reach the entirety of a 4" screen comfortably.

Quote:

To quote a great man…

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Steve Jobs

N~o…

Quote:

As in, "We will neither notice nor care that we don't have it," or "We won't miss out on it because we have it."?

Because the latter is obviously what's happening.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    relicrelic Posts: 4,735member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

But what's the point? I have very large hands, and I couldn't reach the entirety of a 4" screen comfortably.

Will you discontinue using the iPhone when Apple goes to 4"? Personally I don't think I can ever own another phone that has a screen smaller then 4". I am now so spoiled owning a phone that has a large screen, I absolutetly love it.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Relic View Post

Will you discontinue using the iPhone when Apple goes to 4"?

I won't buy another iPhone IF Apple makes a 4" or larger screen. Anything between 3.5" and 4", and I'd have to see.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Relic View Post

Will you discontinue using the iPhone when Apple goes to 4"? Personally I don't think I can ever own another phone that has a screen smaller then 4". I am now so spoiled owning a phone that has a large screen, I absolutetly love it.

I have an iPad if I want a larger screen.

However, would I burst into flames if the next iPhone has a 4" screen? No, but I have no desire to see Apple join the obnoxious android phone size club.
  • Reply 5 of 5

Quote:

Originally Posted by contempor View Post

my iPrediction

2. there will be 2 iPhones in 2012. the 3.5" iPhone and the 4.0" iPhone Pro (like Macbook and Macbook Pro)

3. 1080x720 is still 3:2. they never will change that ratio. and that is a very good idea. still we have a 324 ppi retina display.

Hmm wasn't aware of such application, seems to be interested.

Natural skin care