Mac PC Pro (WTF!!!!!)

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
My wife is in Romania at the moment looking to get her mother a computer . Today she sent me these links, they are in Romanian but you will get the idea.

http://store.macpc.ro/index.php?rout...&product_id=53

http://store.macpc.ro/index.php?rout...ormation_id=19

http://store.macpc.ro/index.php?rout...formation_id=8

Thoughts please!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    1. This is illegal.

2. They'll be sued, shut down, and bankrupted, just like Psystar.

3. Absolutely do not buy this trash.
  • Reply 2 of 11
    sunchisunchi Posts: 3member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

1. This is illegal.

2. They'll be sued, shut down, and bankrupted, just like Psystar.

3. Absolutely do not buy this trash.

You're quite the fanatic. Those are just computers with a operating system. Nothing special, nothing trashy. From what i can see they do not make Apple clones nor pretend to do so, like the chinesse do, but they only preinstall OS X on compatibile hardware. I think that in most EU countries this is perfectly legal(visit http://www.pearc.de ..they've been around for 3 years or more )....and let's be honest...Apple;s succes lies in its operating system, not only in it's design. Mac OS X is what makes a Mac a Mac. If they use EFIX module(which you also advertise on this forum in ad-sense spaces) then they can be very stable and support most updates from Apple.
  • Reply 3 of 11
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sunchi View Post

You're quite the fanatic. Those are just computers with a operating system.

Illegally installed and illegally sold.

Quote:

Nothing special, nothing trashy.

Are you looking at these devices? They're trashy.

Quote:

…they only preinstall OS X on compatible hardware.

Which is ILLEGAL, as they're selling it.

Quote:

I think that in most EU countries this is perfectly legal….and let's be honest…Apple;s success lies in its operating system, not only in it's design.

… And how is this any point in your favor? If Apple makes their money on OS X and someone is stealing OS X and making money on it, Apple has the right to tear them apart.
  • Reply 4 of 11
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

… And how is this any point in your favor? If Apple makes their money on OS X and someone is stealing OS X and making money on it, Apple has the right to tear them apart.

For me, as a consumer...i don't give a rat's ass of what Apple has the right do to or not, i was not debating the rights of Apple and their power of action. All i care about is a stable OS X computer at a cheap price on which i can do my job.(if i need os x let;s say in a company for video editing and i want to lower my costs). And if i live in that country where that company can take legal responsabilty, it's not my concern. I just want to save money and have a stable OS X. PS: Who told you that the EULA of a company is equal to the law....it's not...in some countries a company can act on the breaking of it;s contract, and in others they can't. Simple as that. Every contry has it's own laws. A private company like Apple cannot make laws. Only contracts. By the way, PearC has Apple in Germany in their back..Apple Germany. Why doesn't Apple do anything??? They can't because it is not illegal in Germany and they are not doing anything to hurt Apple....like Psystar did with their aggresive anti-Apple marketing. And that is the case probably with MacPC in Romania and Bizon PC in Russia and Quo in the USA
  • Reply 5 of 11
    Quote:

For me, as a consumer?i don't give a rat's ass of what Apple has the right do to or not?

Ah, so you're a pirate? and you've never actually created anything yourself. I see.

Quote:

All i care about is a stable OS X computer at a cheap price on which i can do my job.

Which you won't get from anyone but Apple.

Quote:

(if i need os x let;s say in a company for video editing and i want to lower my costs).

The dispenser is completely out of straws, and it has been since the restaurant closed three hours ago, but you're standing outside and you're still grasping for them.

Quote:

I just want to save money and have a stable OS X.

Which you won't get with any of this trash.

Quote:

PS: Who told you that the EULA of a company is equal to the law?.it's not?

PS: Ever heard of Psystar? Apple's EULA is legally enforceable in that the sale of OS X on non-Apple hardware is illegal.
  • Reply 6 of 11
    Isn't this ironic??? )

• Reply 7 of 11
    Quote:

Isn't this ironic??? )

No, it's an offshoot of SEO.
  • Reply 8 of 11
    boochiboochi Posts: 2member
    @ Sunchi

from what I have read on line and what ever knowledge I have about the copy rights ... I understand it is not illegal to instal Mac OS on any other hardware other the Mac;s , PROVIDING those computers are in personal Usage ( although I have to admit it is quite border line perhaps in your case if u have a Company and u need cheap trashy computers to do your Video editing) but it is illegal to have it out for sale .
  • Reply 9 of 11
    boochiboochi Posts: 2member
    oh tell me it is not a rip off of the names ?check this link ... scroll down and u will see a variety of quite similar names with he ones used by apple ...

http://store.macpc.ro/index.php?route=common/home

I have never heard about Lenovo minibook

mac studio X

the new minie book --- ffs those are cheap pc laptops 're branded' I hope they'll have there shop shut
  • Reply 10 of 11
    She should get a laptop or iPad.
  • Reply 11 of 11
    Be critical with what your buying..Just because they say it's got the OS X,you'll jump the wagon..