folder issues

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I know this a very trival issue, but it jus seems to bug me.

Under viiew options for a folder, I set arrange icons to type. But unfortunately, my folders are not the "first type".... To access my folders, i have to scroll down to view them. Files like PDF seems to appear first before the folders. I can arrange the icons manually to ensure that my folders appear first, but it is jus too troublesome...

Does anyone has a simpler way out. thanks!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    when you have your window open, you can sort by a variety of things.

where it says "kind" at the top, click on that. the first time you click it it will sort in ascending order, the second time it will be in desending order.

that should allow you to have your folders listed first.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    stunnedstunned Posts: 1,096member
    [quote]Originally posted by alcimedes:

<strong>when you have your window open, you can sort by a variety of things.

where it says "kind" at the top, click on that. the first time you click it it will sort in ascending order, the second time it will be in desending order.

that should allow you to have your folders listed first.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I am using icons view and this option is not available to me. Anyway, I tried to do wat u said, but no matter in ascending or descending views, my folders are still not at the top....
  • Reply 3 of 3
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    hmm, i think you have to change it to column view. i think the only way you can do it in icon view is to put them where you want them.