Encrypting/Password protecting Removable Media

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I'd like to burn a DVD disc, but have it's content's password protected. I understand Disc copy will do encrypted disc images, but I don't think there's a way to burn it encrypted. Also, I'm a little concerned that an encrypted (i.e. Also compressed) disc would take forever to mount.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    Actually, that's exactly what I do for data I want to be kept secure. I encrypt it on a dmg and burn the dmg file to a disc. If mounting is taking a long time, you can simply click the "skip" button so that Disk Copy doesn't verify the entire checksum. It will mount within seconds if you do that.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    [quote]Originally posted by Brad:

<strong>Actually, that's exactly what I do for data I want to be kept secure. I encrypt it on a dmg and burn the dmg file to a disc. If mounting is taking a long time, you can simply click the "skip" button so that Disk Copy doesn't verify the entire checksum. It will mount within seconds if you do that.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Ok, cool. I was under the impression that the encryption also compressed it which would always require a long ass time to open, but if all you have to do is skip the verification that's fine. (I've never actually done the encrypted dmg thing)