iChat question

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I am trying it out for the 1st time. My friend's screen name consists of the first s letters being capitalized and 2 numbers on the end. For some reason it refuses to capitalize the letters, hence it never shows him as on line. Is anyone else experiencing this? When I remove the #s, the letters stay capitalized. But when I edit his screen name to include the #s, the first 2 letters go lower case, so I just cannot chat with him. Any suggestions?

Also, how would he start a chat with me? He is using the real AIM on a Windows machine, and he says my screen name is invalid because it has the @mac.com on it...is this so?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    It doesn't matter that the letters aren't in caps. AIM names are not case sensitive. Apple's iChat will always drop them back into lowercase.

He can't see you and you can't see him because he's using an old AIM client. AIM added support for mac.com just over the summer.

Tell him to download and install the newest version. I had to do the same to all my Windows lazy friends that don't normally check for software updates.

[ 10-21-2002: Message edited by: Brad ]</p>
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Thanks a bunch! I'll let him know!