What AirPlay speaker would you buy of these two?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014

Or which... or perhaps another one I didn't see? (not the zeppelin)

The 120 watt B&O Beolit 12 (€720)

beolit 12.jpg

OR...

The 80 watt Loewe Air Speaker (€749)

Loewe Air Speaker.jpg

Which speaker will sound better?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

Don't say the Loewe because Apple's going to buy them. That is not a good reason, perhaps it's even a bad reason.

It's also false. image

• Reply 2 of 7
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    It's also false. :lol:

Indeed.
  • Reply 3 of 7

Anybody?

• Reply 4 of 7
    relicrelic Posts: 4,735member
    ireland wrote: »
    Anybody?

Neither, way over priced for the sound quality. The B&O's base response is just so and so. This is what you want;

Audyssey Air

It put's your choices to shame, I know because I own the B&O, well my husband does, he's a B&O nut and we bought my daughter a Audyssey for her birthday and although the B&O looks a little nicer, man oh man the Audyssey will blow you away. It sounds like a speaker 10 times it's size and it's half the price.

http://gizmodo.com/5907025/the-best-airplay-speakers
  • Reply 5 of 7
    relic wrote: »
    Neither, way over priced for the sound quality. The B&O's base response is just so and so. This is what you want;
    Audyssey Air
    It put's your choices to shame, I know because I own the B&O, well my husband does, he's a B&O nut and we bought my daughter a Audyssey for her birthday and although the B&O looks a little nicer, man oh man the Audyssey will blow you away. It sounds like a speaker 10 times it's size and it's half the price.
    http://gizmodo.com/5907025/the-best-airplay-speakers

Appreciate the reply, but I don't want the Audyssey. It's the ugliest thing I've ever seen and I just couldn't put it near my house. Besides, I'm leaning towards the Loewe additionally for practical reasons. I love the way it's low down and has the same precise depth as an iPad, so I can put my pad on it in the kitchen on the counter top by the wall and it will fit in well from that stand point. I don't mind paying extra for a device that will suit my needs and tastes, I plan on having it round for years and will get lots of use from it. Besides, I've read all the reviews of the Audyssey, it seems it doesn't sound as good as you're making out. It's likely that you are thinking it's a great speaker because you're hearing its thumping base and jumping to conclusions.

WhatHiFi sums it up like this:
    Cheap, but dogged by dreary looks and sound

http://www.whathifi.com/review/audyssey-lower-east-side-audio-dock-air
  • Reply 6 of 7
    relicrelic Posts: 4,735member
    ireland wrote: »
    Appreciate the reply, but I don't want the Audyssey. It's the ugliest thing I've ever seen and I just couldn't put it near my house. Besides, I'm leaning towards the Loewe additionally for practical reasons. I love the way it's low down and has the same precise depth as an iPad, so I can put my pad on it in the kitchen on the counter top by the wall and it will fit in well from that stand point. I don't mind paying extra for a device that will suit my needs and tastes, I plan on having it round for years and will get lots of use from it. Besides, I've read all the reviews of the Audyssey, it seems it doesn't sound as good as you're making out. It's likely that you are thinking it's a great speaker because you're hearing its thumping base and jumping to conclusions.
    WhatHiFi sums it up like this:
    Cheap, but dogged by dreary looks and sound
    http://www.whathifi.com/review/audyssey-lower-east-side-audio-dock-air

Well good luck then, the bass on the Audyssey is strong but the high's and mid'd are really great as well. We got it because it constantly got great reviews.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    relic wrote: »
    Well good luck then, the bass on the Audyssey is strong but the high's and mid'd are really great as well. We got it because it constantly got great reviews.

Cheers for your thoughts, though.