10.1.5 probs

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
When I log in to my account(admin, only account on the machine), a few of my login items don't work.

I have:

-Internet Connect

-FruitMenu

-ScriptMenu.menu

-X-Tunes Daemon

-MenuCalender

-Deskshade

set to launch at login. Internet Connect, FruitMenu, and ScriptMenu.menu all launch like they should. The other two, however, don't do anything. I can't figure out why.

Also, that CD-RW problem I posted about a while back is still here, as bad as ever(I've tried it with Sony, Memorex, and CompUSA media). BTW, the burner still works in OS9.

Many problems keep sprouting up, about five more annoying things.

Should I go buy Jaguar, and do a clean install? Is there a corrupted file I can replace?

Please Help.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    10.1 has a bug that cocoa apps will not start if they are in startup items.

switch to 10.2
  • Reply 2 of 3
    cubedudecubedude Posts: 1,556member
    Thanks, they are all Cocoa apps, but they used to start up at login, now they don't. I can't remember when, so it could of been when I downloaded 10.1.5.

As for upgrading, I don't have the money for that. I have to wait for Christmas.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    No, in *all* versions of 10.1 (and 10.0 IIRC) cocoa apps would choke on the pasteboard server at launch.

You have three options: delete/move/rename the pbs (and thereby probably break lots of things), upgrade to 10.2, or wait a minute before launching apps after logging in.