Printing Address Book

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I recently got my first Mac (a PowerBook) and love it. However, I can't seem to print all of the entries from the standard Address Book. (I'm running Jaguar, by the way.) I figured out how to print lists containing just names and phone numbers or just names and e-mail addresses, but I'd like to print *everything* in the address book (names, numbers, addresses, etc.). Perhaps I have to export data to Word? If so, how? Any advice would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    exporting all your data in one file can be done if you select "All" under "Groups", then click "File" and select "Export as Group vCard"

for importing into a printable format ... hmm, maybe u could use PalmDesktop ...

HTH
  • Reply 2 of 6
    [quote]Originally posted by Defiant:

<strong>exporting all your data in one file can be done if you select "All" under "Groups", then click "File" and select "Export as Group vCard"

for importing into a printable format ... hmm, maybe u could use PalmDesktop ...

HTH</strong><hr></blockquote>

Thank you for your response. I was trying to avoid using Palm, but I'm not sure that's going to be possible if I want to print the entire address book. Oh well.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    I'm actively searching a solution. stay tuned.

edit: still lurking... palm doesn't import the data correctly... can u try word ?

[ 10-27-2002: Message edited by: Defiant ]</p>
  • Reply 4 of 6
    I tried Word--that didn't seem to work either. I find it strange that this printing option wouldn't be included as a feature of the Address Book itself. I can't be the only person who would want to do that.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    drewpropsdrewprops Posts: 2,321member
    As long as we've had Outlook Express (and now Entourage), we've had to turn to other Personal Information Managers to print out legible copies of our address books. Outlook on the PC formats your contacts as if you're flipping through a telephone book, which is very natural to so many people. Address Book in 10.2 offers you the ability to print "phone list" or "email list", but no discernable customization beyond that.

I wish there was a "comments" menu item like there is in iCal!
  • Reply 6 of 6
    try this app:

<a href="http://www.realmacsoftware.com/addressbookpublisher.html"; target="_blank">AdressBook Publisher</a>