Imported Videos Not in iCloud?

Posted:
in iCloud edited January 2014

I have  imported a bunch of music video's into iTunes that the Cloud doesn't seem to recognize. They are on my desktop iTunes but unlike my other music/videos/iMatch are not on my laptop or i4S.

Is there a workaround for this? Am I missing something? Does iCloud only recognize/transfer items obtainable in the iTunes Store?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    tontontonton Posts: 14,067

By the "Cloud" for media, you mean exactly two things: iTunes Match and re-downloadable iTunes purchases.

iTunes Match does not (currently) support video of any kind.

So unless your music videos were bought on iTunes, you're completely out of luck.

The only option for your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch is to connect to iTunes and sync your videos (including music videos) by actual data transfer.

For your laptop, as long as you're at the same physical location and on the same network, you use home sharing.

• Reply 2 of 4
    mfterkamfterka Posts: 50member

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonton View Post

By the "Cloud" for media, you mean exactly two things: iTunes Match and re-downloadable iTunes purchases.

iTunes Match does not (currently) support video of any kind.

So unless your music videos were bought on iTunes, you're completely out of luck.

The only option for your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch is to connect to iTunes and sync your videos (including music videos) by actual data transfer.

For your laptop, as long as you're at the same physical location and on the same network, you use home sharing.

I suspected this. I imported a plain mp3 file from YouTube and it shows up on both my laptop and the iTunes on my desktop. But imported videos, no such luck.

• Reply 3 of 4

actually ive noticed i have music videos FROM itunes that arnt recognized by itunes match and even movies ive downloaded over the years that dont show up on icloud they seem to have some issues with the system.

• Reply 4 of 4
    mfterkamfterka Posts: 50member

Quote:

Originally Posted by omgitzjose View Post

actually ive noticed i have music videos FROM itunes that arnt recognized by itunes match and even movies ive downloaded over the years that dont show up on icloud they seem to have some issues with the system.

Thats kinda rough. All my videos bought on iTunes are showing up across my iOS devices.